2017 proved a great year in terms of checking off some bucket list items for the family and hitting some major goals!
As a family, we did:
- Got a rescue dog!
- All-inclusive at the beach for the first time. Best deal for a week at the Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta during spring break by using Citi thank you points for 2 tickets, aa miles for the other two and 4 night free of the hotel with our Citi prestige benefit stacked against a hotel promotion of kids 50% off.
- First family and dog hike! 4 miles.
- Went camping as a family for the first time, s’mores and all! We followed this with a few short hikes to waterfalls in our area.
- Stayed at a stationary RV to test it out. A huge win with the kids – place had a hot tub they were very happy.
- Stayed overnight on a yacht in Charlestown and visited Patriots Point as a family.
- Stayed overnight at a treehouse!
- Went indoor rock climbing all together
- Spent a week in Washington DC and visited Luray Caverns.
- Kids began formal horseback riding lessons and are completely in love
- Started our minimalism journey – let go of 3k + items!
- Saw our favorite comedian live
- I got the tattoos I have wanted for decades
- My husband took me to see my favorite play!
- I began monthly massages and facials as part of my self care goal
- We allowed a babysitter not related to us to stay with out kids for the first time ever while we went on a date
- Switched to reusable period products and never going back!
- Donated our old car
- I went to a shooting range for th first time
- Killed our financial goals for the year!
- While I still have some room to grow, most definitively big improvements on physical, spiritual and emotional health, most importantly with a more limited but focused relationships inclusive of being more present with my kids.
Phew, not bad for a year that started out very rocky, which allowed me time to truly focus and make things happen!
How about you? What bucket list items did you do / are you doing by the end of 2017?