Alright, so I gave you context as to where I fall in the financial independence range. Now, I present you the goal (Summer 2016):
- Years to financial independence: 12
- Investable Assets: $3.1 million (today’s $2.2m equivalent, with 3% yearly inflation)
- Debt: Zero (inclusive of mortgage and car)
- Annual Spending: $75k for retirement ($107k equivalent then with 3% inflation). See accumulation year expense goals here.
- College Savings:
$100k each 529 account$75k in 529s plus $100k in post tax accounts by the time they reach college (total, not per child).
- Travel After Reaching Goal: Sell everything we have and go live anywhere in the world as a way of living, currycracker style!
The purple numbers represent where I was October 2016 when I started tracking this way and what I consider a ‘prep’ year for the plan. From 2017 onward it will be tracked from day 1 hopefully.
Let’s get to work!